“An intelligent person aims at wise action, but a fool starts off in many directions.” Proverbs 17:24 (GN)
In order to achieve our dreams we need to set goals to make them happen. Unfortunately, many of us do not have goals established for our lives. You might have a general idea of what you might want to accomplish, but that’s not enough. You need to determine what’s important to you and what you want to achieve in your lifetime.
Rick Warren, Author and Pastor of Saddleback Church says,”To achieve your dreams in life, you’ll need to decide what really matters, what will last in your life, and focus on that. Once you’ve figured out what matters most, set goals big enough to require faith.”
What does it mean to set goals in faith?
- Focused: It’s specific, something you can measure.
- Attainable: It’s possible and practical. If you set an unrealistic goal, you won’t accomplish it.
- Individual: It’s personal. You can’t set goals for other people. You have ownership over your own goals, not someone else’s.
- Trackable: Your goal needs a deadline on it. Without a date on it, it’s not a goal.
- Heartfelt: Never set a goal you’re not passionate about, because you will never accomplish it without the desire to do so.
Jesus says, “According to your faith let it be done to you” (Matthew 9:29 NIV). This means that God will bless you according to how much faith you have in Him.
Rick Warren continues, “God says choose your cup, and he’ll fill it. Whether you have a little teacup, a five-gallon jug, or a 100-gallon barrel of faith, God will fill it up according to your faith. How much you trust God determines how much God blesses you.”
Take the time to determine what’s important to you and what you want to achieve in your life. Start setting goals in faith today.
Do you have a list of goals? If not, check out my older blog post that guides you through the process of making goals for your life, How To Achieve EVERYTHING You’ve Ever Wanted.